Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Use for a Leso

I think I've mentioned lesos before. It's basically just a rectangle of patterned fabric. I think they're usually hemmed, but mine are not. yet. I may get ambitious, but probably not. These have about a million and one uses. The most common are as a wrap skirt for the mamas here. I have also seen them commonly used as head wraps, shawls, baby carriers (they just sling the baby on their back and tie the leso around their shoulders, then usually add another one loosely over the baby for warmth because it's only about 85 most of the time...). I have four, three of which were gifts. One is a tablecloth and the other I wrap around my laptop when I carry it in my backpack and sometimes use as a lap blanket at the office when I want to sit in ways not appropriate for someone wearing a skirt (indian style at my desk, usually). It's also been great napkin, towel, and yoga mat. Today, I discovered yet another use for it:

This is a leso tied acrosee my front door to make a barrier. The reason I needed it is below:

This little guy (I think it's a baby turkey, but it's hard to know for sure because we have chickens and turkeys running around) came in for a visit this afternoon. He checked out the entire living room, then my spare room and the bathroom before I kicked him out. I have the door open for air and light, so I didn't want to shut it, but I'm not fond of messy visitors, so I improvised.

Also, just to let you know, I adjusted the comments so that you can now leave one as "anonymous" without having a blogger account. I didn't realize it was restricted, so if you tried to comment and couldn't, sorry, and here's your chance!

love me

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love today's post. I'm not sure I understand why you have objections to the two-footed visitors, but each to their own. Good use of the leso--necessity is, after all, the mother of invention. Love ya

Anonymous said...

So did you name your little uninvited pet? good thing he didn't join you in the night...
I enjoyed also seeing the couch to match your chairs..
I have seen news photos of the mothers carrying their babies in those lesos' ..good thing you explained about them ..I thought it was a little 'quilt' tied there.
It is neat to be able to comment on the blog... Love ya,J